Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for People/Clubs in Brisbane to play Kill Team
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Down Under > Warhammer 40,000 > 40k General Discussion
Sikosis
Ok, so I was inspired when I saw the Sydney post ... but basically, I've been trying to get into 40k since last year but haven't been able to find anywhere to play (being a n00b). I've seen some places running tournaments but nothing for the new player. Since Kill Team came out, I'm excited about it as you don't need as much time or as big an army to play.

So, if there are any people/clubs in the Brisbane area that are open to playing Kill Team (and open to new players), please let me know. I live on the Southside and GW Capalaba is my local store. armata_PDT_34.gif

Cheers

Phil
b20f08
Warrior Lodge (North Lakes) are very much into 40K. They have a fb page; check there. Queensland Gamers Guild use to meet as a club but are now mobile, preferring to run 40K events. But check out their fb page and ask there for assistance. QNK also are into 40K but don't know their club days. Yes, check their facebook page (Queensland Northern Knights). Just some on the northside. More on the southside for sure. Good hunting!
Blackhearts Reaver
South East side:

-GW Capalabah.
- Blind Pig club (Finnish Hall 62 Newnham Road Mount Gravatt QLD 4122. ) dont do too much GW stuff (some) but do do alot of side games so would probably have some people doing Necro/Killteams.
- A new place has just opened up in Coorparoo 297 Old cleveland road. Haven't been there so don't know much about it yet.
- there was a gaming shop out in Wynnum/Manly somewhere? with a few regular gamers dunno if it is still going.
- Irresistible Force (over the Motorway from the Hyperdome) has a good community for GW stuff.
Farseer Lael
Vault Games in the CDB are having a one day tournament this weekend (12th August). Its on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/vaultgamesoz/
Marcus Marc
The Magic Vault has a group that play weekly and have started playing Kill team. post on the page and they will contact you.

https://www.facebook.com/themagicvault/?ref=br_rs
Maxo_Q
QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Aug 3 2018, 02:28 AM) *

South East side:

-GW Capalabah.
- Blind Pig club (Finnish Hall 62 Newnham Road Mount Gravatt QLD 4122. ) dont do too much GW stuff (some) but do do alot of side games so would probably have some people doing Necro/Killteams.
- A new place has just opened up in Coorparoo 297 Old cleveland road. Haven't been there so don't know much about it yet.
- there was a gaming shop out in Wynnum/Manly somewhere? with a few regular gamers dunno if it is still going.
- Irresistible Force (over the Motorway from the Hyperdome) has a good community for GW stuff.

The Blind Pig does have a few keen Kill-Team players, next Saturday (15th) is an Oldhammer day where folks are coming to celebrate old versions of 40k and Fantasy.

Im keen on Kill-Team and I amat most Blind Pigs
Sikosis
Cool. I just started the GW Kill Team Campaign on Sunday down at Capalaba. We were both learning the rules so we got a few things wrong but I had fun all the same and I'm keen to do it again. For the campaign, we have to play a game every week, so I'll be there this Thursday Night to get a game in.

I'll have to look into the Blind Pigs too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.