Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blackstone Fortress 'True' Size
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Down Under > Warhammer 40,000 > 40k General Discussion
Primarch_Anubis
i seek any and all lore pertaining to the True, In-Universe size of the Blackstone Fortress.
The only snipped of lore I got was from ONE youtube vid, that the innermost chamber was easily 100 Terran miles across. I find the wikis' lack of definitive detail disturbing; and appalling.
I would greatly appreciate any lore the community knows, as well as the source of said lore.

Thank You.
BearPowers
Not necessarily an answer, but they featured in both the table top and video game version of Battle Fleet Gothic. You could potentially find a ship you know the size of and build a rough guess by comparing it to the Blackstone Fortress.
D_Arquebus
QUOTE(BearPowers @ Mar 5 2018, 07:11 AM) *
Not necessarily an answer, but they featured in both the table top and video game version of Battle Fleet Gothic. You could potentially find a ship you know the size of and build a rough guess by comparing it to the Blackstone Fortress.

I recall it was understood that the scale between ships and Fortress-like installations was not the same... The size of the Fortresses would perhaps be prohibitive on a TT scale.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall reading the dimensions of a Blackstone anywhere before.
Kn'Thrak
I don't think the BFG rules even covered the size - and that's their original source material. I'd go look in the book for you, but I have no idea where it is.

They were closed up originally as imperial bases and they used them as defence stations and a major port. Definitely bigger than a Ramilles if the size of that is somewhere, but nowhere near as big as Port Maw.
chromedog
BFG doesn't cover the size of it. I checked my files (got the pdfs when GW had them for download for a while)

The ships in BFG are more accurately the size of a pinhead atop the post on the flying bases, the models themselves are visual representations to aid play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.