Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Claiming Objectives
WargamerAU Forums > Wargaming Down Under > Warhammer 40,000 > 40k General Discussion
Waaagh!!!
When measuring to claim an objective, are people measuring from a models base, or any point on a model?

If I place an objective on the 2nd floor of a ruin, will a Knight be able to claim it, seeing the hull of the knight is still technically within 3 inches?

The reason I'm asking is because knights/dreads/vehicles can't move up floors in a ruin, so if it's measured from base to objective they can't claim objectives not on ground level.
fofjunior
The only thing I could find for objectives is on pg 226 that says you control an objective if you have more models within 3" of the centre of the objective marker than your opponent. It doesn't mention where you measure from but it has always been from the base or hull so unless someone can find it I would go with that.

Otherwise not much sense in stopping certain models from climbing etc buildings if you can just stand outside.
beasovich
Yep 3" from the centre.

Your question is a bit hard to answer pending actual placement. For example if it's right up against the wall and a Knight becomes base to base with the building then it would be able to claim it as it would be within 3" of the centre even if on a diagonal.
beasovich
Double post sorryl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.