Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [WAU Articles] Painting Zombies
WargamerAU Forums > WargamerAU > General Gaming Discussion
morsla
This is a thread for discussing our latest article - Luke Yates's extra-gribbly Zombie Painting Guide. It's taken me ages to get it onto the site, but I hope you think it's worth the wait! Lots of great tips for advanced detailing, shown here on a large scale figure but still applicable to 28mm wargaming models.

Bonus tip: I don't recommend reading this one on your work computer while your colleagues are eating lunch...

You can find the new article here: Painting Zombies
Discombobulate
awesome article - lovely work Luke
screwyink
that looks amazing !! wish i could paint like that tongue.gif
The Sound of Machines
Hey thanks blokes, it was a lot of fun to do - made the recipient emotional, which is a good sign smile.gif

And Screwyink, follow the article and you can! wink.gif
Plebicidal
BAM!

Love your work mate!
cowie165
Wow, again Luke, awesome work.

It might seem bizarre, but my favourite part of your work is the t-shirt! It just looks... right. 10/10 mate.

Mark
The Sound of Machines
Thanks blokes! Much appreciated!

Funny you mention the shirt, took me a little while to figure it out - sponging on the highlight gave it the right ook for material, happy with it - seeing as I didn't do a test smile.gif
ZombiesRCoolPainting
Nice little tutorial there! I like how it turned out, plenty of contrast for a piece this size, if I had to critique something it would probably be the uniformity of the revealed muscle, particularly around the mouth it looks a little consistant... I would have like to see some more rotten/mottled colours... that's just me though tongue.gif

Quick question (not really related to the tute though) who do you get in contact with about writing articles? I emailed paul@goodgames.com.au a while back (months ago) but got no reply ???
morsla
That would be me wink.gif Send me an email at morsla-at-yahoo-dot-co-dot-uk if you have some article ideas that you'd like to discuss.

(Although Luke can vouch for the fact that I'm very often snowed under with work, and may take a while to respond!)
ZombiesRCoolPainting
QUOTE(morsla @ May 19 2013, 12:36 PM) *

That would be me wink.gif Send me an email at morsla-at-yahoo-dot-co-dot-uk if you have some article ideas that you'd like to discuss.

(Although Luke can vouch for the fact that I'm very often snowed under with work, and may take a while to respond!)

Cheers for that, i've just sent you an email!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.